Photo by Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash
1 April - 31 July 2022
We are living in an age of protest, where young people’s voices are more important than ever in initiating change.
Join MK Gallery in exploring how you can communicate through art, spoken and written word, poetry and text-based practice in a way that can influence and foster change.
Workshops include zine making, automatic writing, text and image and performance with artists including Dylan, Fox, De’Anne Crooks, Lesley Asare and Zoe Thompson from sweet-thang zine.
Come to one of our upcoming sessions at Lush MK to find out more:
- Saturday 19 March | Badgemaking drop in at Lush MK | 11am-4pm
- Sunday 20 March | Badgemaking drop in at Lush MK | 11am-4pm
- Wednesday 13 April | Mini-zine making drop in at Lush MK | 11am-4pm
- Saturday 30 April |11am-2pm | Inner Monologues with De’Anne Crooks
- Saturday 14 May | 11am-2pm | Poetry & Pizza with Nick Makoha
- Friday 20 May | 7pm | Body Arcana Performance
- Saturday 28 May | 11am-2pm | Amplify with Lesley Asare: Body Arcana
- Saturday 11 June | 11am-2pm| Amplify with Dylan Fox: Hot Foil Press Workshop
- Friday 17 June | Doors 6.30pm | Lush MK presents Spoken Word
- Saturday 18 June | 11am-2pm | Spoken Word workshop with Rhiannan-Ashley Francis
- Saturday 16 July | 11am-2pm| Amplify with Zoe Thompson, sweet-thang zine: Zine Making
- Friday 22 July | Doors 6.30pm | A Brief History of Protest Art with Aindrea Emelife
Programme subject to change. Please check back regularly for up to date information.
April – July 2022
The project aims align with themes within the upcoming exhibition of work by Ingrid Pollard which opens in March 2022. Pollard uses photography as social practice to question our relationship with the natural world and interrogate social constructs such as Britishness, race, sexuality and identity. The exhibition will address issues that are urgent and relevant today and will act as a starting point for Amplify.